Kylmäpihlaja is the outermost of Rauma´s large islands. Lighthouse and pilot station were built in 1952-1953. This building replaced the Rauma lighthouse ship, which was transferred to Kemi foreground. Kylmäpihlaja tower and the wing of the building at that time, had room for a total of 12 pilots, eight for cutter and two for lighthouse men.
Strong and square lighthouse tower rises 31 meters above its base and 36 m above sea level. It has 12 floors and 104 steps. The beacon light range is dropped from the former 27 miles at 17 miles. Today, the lighthouse is used for tourism. It is owned by the City of Rauma, but there is an independent entrepreneur - West Coast Seaservice.